Welcome to MRA e-Services
Self-Employed Assistance Scheme (SEAS)
The Mauritius Revenue Authority (MRA) informs eligible self-employed individuals, who are in business, or tradespersons operating in the informal sector, that the facilities to file an application for a financial support under the Self-Employed Assistance Scheme (SEAS) are available on its website: www.mra.mu
Eligible self-employed individuals and tradespersons will receive a financial support of Rs. 5,100 for the period 16 March 2020 to 15 April 2020. All payments will be credited to the applicant's bank account.
Pre-requisite to join the scheme:
- A self-employed individual who is in business, or a tradesperson operating in the informal sector, e.g. a mason, a cabinet maker, a plumber, a hairdresser or an artist is entitled to join the assistance scheme provided he is a Mauritian national above 18 years of age and who has been in business for the last 3 months.
- The following individuals are NOT eligible to the assistance:
- an individual who is an employee, whether full-time or part-time;
- a person who is eligible to receive basic retirement pension;
- an individual who receives monthly social benefits;
- an individual pursuing higher study on a full-time basis;
- a person who is a dependent spouse;
- a person who was unemployed since the beginning of March 2020;
- an individual who forms part of a household having total monthly income (including passive income, e.g. rent, dividends, interests or profits) exceeding Rs. 50,000;
- an individual who is in a business where he earns only passive income, e.g. rent; and
GO TO THE NEXT PAGE FOR A STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE ON HOW TO APPLY