Self-Employed Assistance Scheme (SEAS)
Extension for month of July / August / September / October / November / December 2020 / January 2021 / February 2021 / March 2021 / April 2021
Sectors other than the Tourism Sector
With the lockdown in the island of Mauritius for the period from 10 March 2021 to 30 April 2021, the financial assistance under SEAS is extended to all eligible self-employed individuals in the Island of Mauritius are entitled, for the month of April 2021, to a financial assistance of Rs 5,287.
Self-employed individuals who have already made an application for SEAS for any of the months of March 2020 to March 2021 are NOT required to make an application for SEAS for the month of April 2021. Only eligible Self-employed individuals, who had not previously applied for SEAS, are required to make an application for March 2021.
The applicant must be a self-employed or tradesperson of Mauritian nationality aged above 18 years and who has been economically active for the last 3 months.
Self-employed individuals who have previously made an application for SEAS and are not eligible to the allowance for the month of March 2021 / April 2021, are requested to withdraw their application, using the facility available on the MRA website, www.mra.mu
The following individuals are NOT eligible to the scheme:
- an individual who is an employee, whether full-time or part-time;
- a person who is eligible to receive basic retirement pension;
- an individual who receives monthly social benefits;
- an individual pursuing higher studies on a full time basis;
- a person who is a dependent spouse;
- a person who was unemployed at the beginning of March 2020;
- an individual who forms part of a household having total monthly income (including passive income, e.g rent, dividends, interests or profits) exceeding Rs. 50,000;
- an individual who is in a business where he earns only passive income, e.g rent; or
- fisherman, or;
- an individual who receives monthly transitional unemployment benefits;
Eligible self-employed individuals and tradespersons will receive a financial support of Rs 5,100 for the period 01 July / August / September / October / November / December 2020 to 30
July / August / September / October / November / December 2020 and Rs 5,287 for the period January 2021 / February 2021 / March 2021 / April 2021. All payments will be credited to the applicants' bank account.
Pre-requisite (please read this section carefully before applying)
In order to apply for SEAS, an applicant should ensure that he has his National Identity Card, his mobile phone and his bank account details at hand. On providing the required information,
a one-time password (OTP) will be sent on the mobile phone number provided and the OTP will have to be entered in order to proceed with the application.
Click here to apply for Self-Employed Assistance Scheme
In processing the applications under SEAS, the MRA will carry out internal checks to verify the correctness of claims. Thereafter, MRA will credit the amount to the bank account of the
Taxpayers accessing the service are advised to use a recent version of Google Chrome, Internet Explorer or Firefox as browser to file their return.