Self-Employed Assistance Scheme (SEAS)
Extension for month of May 2021
Following the decision of the Government of the Republic of Mauritius to extend the Self-Employed Assistance Scheme (SEAS) for the month of May 2021, the Mauritius Revenue Authority (MRA) informs self-employed individuals of the following measures for the payment of the financial assistance.
Sectors other than the Tourism Sector
Financial assistance for a full month will be provided under SEAS to those carrying out the following activities and who were not allowed to operate during the month of May 2021. :
Click here to apply for Self-Employed Assistance Scheme (other than the Tourism Sector)
- Fitness centres and Professional Sports;
- Horse racing bookmakers (outlets), casinos and gaming houses;
- Leisure parks, amusement centres, including aquariums;
- Multi-purpose halls, including wedding halls, theatres and cinema halls;
- Nightclubs licensed by the Tourism Authority, and bars;
- Self-employed individuals who are :
(i) Stallholders in markets that remained closed;
(ii) Haberdashers operating in a market;
(iii) Hawkers not allowed to operate;
(v) Canteen of a private international school (excluding public and private grant-aided secondary school).
Operators in the red zones and who were not allowed to operate.
Financial assistance for a full month will be provided under SEAS to those Self-employed individuals residing in red zones or having their business activity within a red zone.
- Red Zones: (Riviere Des Anguilles, Batimarais, St Aubin, Tyack, Benares, Camp Diable and Bonne Terre).
- Markets/shopping malls/ hypermarkets/ supermarkets/ superettes/ meat/ poultry/ fish shops/ food retail shops/ retail shops (magasins) / hardware shops (quincailleries) were allowed to operate in red zones.
Self-employed individuals who are eligible for SEAS as operators in the red zones are required to submit a fresh application through the MRA website www.mra.mu. Other eligible self-employed individuals are not required to submit fresh applications.
Click here to apply for Self-Employed Assistance Scheme (Red Zone)