Self-Employed Assistance Scheme (SEAS) - Other than Tourism Sector
To fill-in the online Self-Employed Assistance Scheme (Other than Tourism Sector) Application Form, kindly go along the following steps:
- Step 1: Go to the MRA website: www.mra.mu
- Click on the 'Self Employed Assistance Scheme' icon on the home page;
- The Self-Employed Assistance Scheme (SEAS) page will appear;
- Under the 'March 2021' heading, click on 'Sectors other than the Tourism Sector - Application form';
- On the screen, Details relating to the Self-Employed Assistance Scheme will appear, please read them carefully.
- Scroll down and Click on 'Click here to apply for Self-Employed Assistance Scheme'
- Step 2:
- You will be re-directed to a Login page.
- Insert your National Identity Number (NID)
- Insert the Card Control Number (which is written on the back of your ID card at the bottom, right-hand side)
- Insert your Mobile Number
- For security purposes, you will need to do a verification exercise ( to prove that you are not a robot)
- Click 'Login'
- You will get a one-time password (OTP) via text message on the mobile number you inserted.
- On the screen, where it is written 'one-time password', insert the figures that you have received on your mobile.
- Click 'next'
- Step 3:
- The application form will appear wherein your NID, Surname and Other Names will be prefilled under the APPLICANT DETAILS.
- Insert the amount of 'estimated monthly income'
- Where it is written "married" click the drop down arrow to select 'yes' or 'no'
- If you choose 'Yes', a section will appear to fill in 'SPOUSE DETAILS'
- Insert spouse National Identity Card Number (NID);
- Spouse name will be prefilled when you insert the NID;
- Insert Spouse Passport Number (if any);
- Insert Spouse Occupation.
- Fill in your House Number, Street, locality ,Mauritius Postal Region (use drop down arrow), Village/Town and Country (use drop down arrow).
- Insert your Profession, for e.g. hairdresser, bricklayer(mason), cake seller ... in the field: "OCCUPATION"
- Insert your Place of Business, that is, where you are working
- Insert the Start Date of Business - use drop-down arrow
- Choose the name of your Bank -(use drop down arrow);
- Insert your Bank Account Number
- Insert the name of the holder of the Bank Account (should be the applicant's name)
- Phone (land line) number and email address are not compulsory fields.
- Mobile Number is a compulsory field (Prefilled with the mobile number inserted on the login page);
- There are three rows which you will need to certify if correct, by clicking on the check-box next to each row.
- Ensure that you have correctly filled-in the form. Verify again that the bank account number provided is in the name of the APPLICANT.
- Step 4:
- All fields where you find an asterix * (in red), are mandatory fields that need to be filled-in.
- Click 'Apply';
Kindly note that MRA's helpdesk, 207 6000, is available for any queries.
Application to join the scheme cannot be entertained via telephone for the sake of confidentiality.
All applications should be made ONLINE.
As a consequence of the lockdown in the fight against Covid-19, the head-office of the MRA at Ehram Court, Cnr S. Virgil Naz & Mgr Gonin Streets, Port Louis, is closed to the public.
However, a team of MRA officers is working from their workplace and from home to ensure a smooth running of the core services.