Welcome to MRA e-Services
E-FILING INDIVIDUAL TAX RETURN YEAR OF ASSESSMENT 2018-2019
MRA e-Services is a secured online platform offering taxpayers the facility to file tax returns electronically. The taxpayer may effect electronic payments through several payment options.
You are required to use your User ID and password to file your return
<<CLICK HERE TO FILE YOUR RETURN>>
E-Filing Service Centre
Accounting Firms and Public accountants registered with Mauritius Institute of Professional Accountants (MIPA) have been authorized by MRA to submit returns electronically on behalf of taxpayers.
- List of Approved eFiling Service Centres
<<APPROVED E-FILING SERVICE CENTRES - CLICK HERE TO FILE RETURN ON BEHALF OF A TAXPAYER>>
MRA has put in place a system for e-filing of individual returns with enhanced security features. Taxpayers are required to use their User ID (Login) and password to access the system.
Taxpayers accessing the service are advised to use a recent version of Google Chrome, Internet Explorer or Firefox as browser to file their return.
- Read the Notes to return before filing your return.
- Ensure that you have all required information before you begin.
- Click here to obtain the particulars and information required to file your return.
- Click here to obtain the List of Common Errors and Omissions.
No document needs to be submitted if you file electronically. When using your login and password, your Income Tax form will be pre-filled with data currently available at MRA. You will have the possibility to change the information in the form prior to submission. You may also save a draft copy if you have not completed the filing exercise and will later be able to retrieve the saved draft copy to complete the filing exercise. For secured and fast track refund, kindly provide details for your bank account to be credited.
Pre-filled return is a facility provided by MRA only to facilitate the taxpayer. The taxpayer has the right and duty to change, modify, delete, add and edit any or all figures. Kindly note that the responsibility to make a correct and complete return remains on the taxpayer as per law.
Once you have submitted a final version of your return, you will not be able to submit another version of your return through MRA e-Services. Only the first Income Tax return sent will be processed. In case you wish to amend your return, kindly phone on our hotline 207 6010.
USER NAME (LOGIN) AND PASSWORD
All individual taxpayers have been provided with a password to file their return and hence benefit from additional facilities as follows:
- Pre-filled Individual Income Tax Return
- Save a draft copy of the Income Tax Return
- Quick processing of refund
- Option to credit refund directly in Bank Account
- Receive a Copy of Income Tax Return through e-mail
- Facility to retrieve password by e-mail
- Follow process of Refunds
- View and print your return
- View payments effected
If you have forgotten your password, Click here to obtain your password.You will be required to provide some details including your email. Where the details correspond with those available at MRA, you will be provided your password instantly by email. Otherwise your password will be sent to you by post to your last known correspondence address.
Your password is confidential, please keep it safe. Kindly note that the same password will be used for e-filing of future returns.
MODE OF PAYMENT
The payment can be effected as follows:
- Direct Debit
- To make use of this payment facility, you will be prompted to enter your bank details in order to give a one off instruction to debit your bank account. For individual Income tax payers only, prior registration with MRA is not mandatory. If you already have a Direct Debit arrangement with the MRA, the bank details will be automatically displayed.
- Credit Card
- Online Payment of tax by credit card is available where the tax payable does not exceed Rs 25,000.
We accept MasterCard / Visa for the payment of Individual Income Tax.
- Taxpayers may pay their income tax due by SMS using my.t Mobile Money Service. For more information, please visit my.t website: http://www.myt.mu.
TAX PAID IN EXCESS - REFUND
Where the Income Tax form shows a TAX PAID IN EXCESS, it is recommended that you provide your bank account for secured and fast track refund.
The return should be submitted at latest on 1st October 2018. A delay of up to 15th October 2018 is applicable where the return is filed electronically and payment, if any, is effected through SMS (my.t Mobile Money), MCB Juice or by credit card on MRA e-Services.
For further information you may call at the MRA's Service Counter on ground floor, MRA Head Office, Ehram Court, Corner Mgr Gonin & Sir Virgil Naz Streets, Port Louis or phone on our Hotline 207 6010.